Building:
Royal Victoria Hotel
SNAP Photo Date:
1987,

Originally the Bear Inn, a new inn was built on the site in 1830 known as The Union. The name changed to the Royal Victoria Hotel in 1832 after the visit of Princess Victoria. Daily coaches left here for many places and a horse-drawn bus met passengers arriving by train after the railway was opened in 1849

 

 

Back to the Heritage Trail Map