|St. George's Church, Pontesbury,
Pontesberie is mentioned in the Domesday Book
A Collegiate Church of St. George, Pontesbury was built around 1250 on the site of the old Saxon Minster, and from it a College of Priests served the very large area of Pontesbury Parish.
This horizontal dial, in the centre of the churchyard, is unusual in that it has an inner dialplate fixed onto another bigger disc.
The sundial shows hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (GMT)
The dial has the names of the churchwardens, R Brightland and J Rou----
||Back to Shropshire Sundials|